Table 3. Operating Standards - Continued
Sawmill, carriage, ........
Operate equipment in all phases. Correct any deficiencies in operation. Saw teeth must be sharp
and in equal to new condition. Watch for bent, warped or cracked saw blades.
Snow removers and .....
Operate in the intended manner, if possible; if this in not possible, operate to ensure trouble free
performance, proper adjustment and freedom from broken or leaking parts.
Sprayer, insecticide ......
Operate in intended manner and correct any deficiencies.
Operate the hydraulic operated connector and locking pins in the bridge super-structure to assure
connector and locking
proper operation of cylinders, pins and locks. Hose and linkage must be in good serviceable condition.
There must be no leaks in the system.
All threaded items, connecting pins and exposed cylinder rod ends will be treated with an approved rust inhibitive
Wheel suspension ........
Operate in water to assure satisfactory performance of the system. Assure that there are no bent, broken,
or unduly worn components. The cylinders, hose, boots and connections must be free of leaks.
7. Equipment Serviceability Criteria. Only equipment which has been type classified standard or limited
procurement will be considered for overseas shipment or transfer between Army Activities. Materiels submitted to a
direct support or general support level of maintenance activity for repair and return to user, for transfer or turn-in will be
serviced and repaired to the standards specified in material publications which apply to the maintenance level. The
maintenance standards are the PMCS inspection column and any other maintenance instructions provided in the TM.
Section III. LOG BOOK
8. Log Book Entries. a. All log book entries, Equipment Maintenance Log (Consolidated), DA Form 2409, (when
applicable) must be complete and up to date, including those covering any repairs, replacements, or adjustments made
in complying with this bulletin.
Ensure that Modification Work Orders required are accomplished and properly recorded.
Section IV. SHIPMENT OR ISSUE
9. Unit Repair Parts, Tools and Equipment. All equipments must be complete with all items listed in applicable
Department of the Army publications.
10. Publications. Unit publications applicable to the equipment and the equipment log book must accompany the
11. Documentation. Prepare an "Equipment Control Record," DA Form 2408-9 at time of overseas shipment or
transfer to another stock record or property book account, in accordance with the provisions of DA PAM 738-750.
Section V. DEVIATIONS
12. Request for Deviation. If shipment/transfer is urgent and an equipment does not meet one or more of the
standards of this bulletin, a request for deviation will be forwarded to the Commanding General, U.S. Army Materiel
Command, with a copy to Commanding General, U.S. Army Aviation and Troop Command. The request must specify
the equipment serial number and registration number, U.S. road number or hull