(4) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Section II and
(5) ITEM Column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in
the adjacent figure number column.
C.5 SPECIAL INFORMATION.
a. Usable On Code. The usable on code appears in the lower right comer of the Description column heading.
Usable on codes are shown as "UOC: ...... in the Description Column (justified left) on the first line applicable
item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
b. Fabrication Instructions . Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk Material Functional
Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the description column of the line
item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for items source coded to
be manufactured or fabricated are found in Chapter 4 and Appendix E.
c. Assembly Instruction . Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled from component
spare/repair parts are found in Chapter 4. Items that make up the assembly are listed immediately following the
assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
d. Indentured List. Some items in the DESCRIPTION column are indentured by a dot(s). Indentured items are a
component(s) of the preceding item(s) with one less indenture level.
C.6 HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and
listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number noted on the
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. when National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock Number or
Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NMN) sequence (see C4.a(1)). The
part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see C4.b). Both
indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are looking for, then locate the
item number in the repair parts list for the figure.