Before loosening timing set screws, ensure that the mechanism is reset,
otherwise inconsistent time readings will result.
Never completely remove both timing set screws as this will set the
holes in the timing block and timing plates out of alignment.
1. Loosen two timing set screws (1)
2. Move the timing block (2) toward shorter end of barrel (3) for a shorter timing setting, or toward longer
end of barrel (3) for a longer time setting
3. Tighten set screws (1) and repeat second time test.
4. When second time interval test falls within acceptable tolerances, remove one of the old timing screws
(1) and install a new one that has received one to two drops of Loctite grade 161 sealant (4) on its tip.
Install timing set screw with fingers only
Use only authorized torque screwdriver calibrated within the last 120 days for this
5. Torque new timing set screw to 6 inch-lbs.
6. Repeat steps (4) and (5) above for other timing set screw (1).