When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may
have a different part number from the number listed
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5). This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item
(2) Part numbers of bulk materials are referenced in this column In the line entry to be
(3) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last Item description In Column (5) for a given
figure in both Section II and Section III.
f. QTY (Column (6)) The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration/figure, which Is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly A "V"
appearing in this column instead of a quantity indicates that the quantity Is variable and may vary from application to
4. EXPLANATION OF INDEX FORMAT AND COLUMNS (SECTION IV)
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN In national Item identification number (NIIN)
sequence The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN, i e.
When using this column to locate an Item, ignore the first four digits of the NSN Use the complete NSN (13
digits) when requisitioning items by stock number
(2) FIG. Column This column lists the number of the figure where the Item is Identified/located The figures
are in numerical order In Section II and Section III
(3) ITEM Column The item number identifies the Item associated with the figure listed In the adjacent
FIG column. This Item Is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line
b. PART NUMBER INDEX Part numbers In this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (I e , vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group
in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9, and each following letter or digit In like order)
(1) CAGEC Column The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) Is a 5-digrt numeric code used
to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency/activity that supplies the item
(2) PART NUMBER Column Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (Individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the Item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and Inspection requirements to identify an Item or range of items
(3) STOCK NUMBER Column This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.