FITTING OF WOMENS UNIFORMS
4-1. WOMENS UNIFORM ITEMS. The Womens Green Service Uniform is composed of an
Army Green Shade 489 Coat, Skirt or Slacks, an Army Green 415 long or short sleeve shirt, neck
tab, and the Cap, Garrison. A Coat, All Weather, Black Shade 385 may be worn over the uniform.
(1) Coat. The coat is a fitted, plain edge, single breasted, below hip length coat design with
four--button front closure, center back vent, front bust seams from shoulder to top of pockets,
slanted flap pockets, open notch collar, long two--piece sleeves, and button--down shoulder loops.
(2) Skirt. The skirt is a dress type with a one--piece waistband with rubberized track, a back
zipper with two button closure, a back open pleat, fully lined, an unhemmed bottom and a small
front waistband pocket on the right hand side.
(3) Slacks. The slacks have straight unhemmed legs, a two--piece waistband with center
back outlet for alterability, belt loops, thigh outlet for alterability, rubberized track on waistband,
front zipper with fly tab and side pockets.
(4) Shirt. The shirt is a tuck--in design with a shirt tail. It has front princess seams, side
seams and two buttons on cuffs. Both shirts have the same collar. The shirt is available in both
long and short sleeve styles.
(5) Cap,Garrison. The cap is a flat--folded cloth cap with side curtains which cross at the
front. The top edge of the curtain is furnished with a cord edge braid.
(6) All Weather Coat.
(a) All Weather Coat. The all weather coat is a six--button, double--breasted model with a
belt. The coat has a convertible collar (button at neck), gun flap, shoulder loops, adjustable
sleeve straps, and welt pockets with two inside hanging pockets. The back has a yoke and
(b) Liner. The detachable liner has button loops at the bottom of each sleeve and a
zipper around the edge for attaching the liner to the coat. The coat is fully lined.
(7) Neck Tab. The neck tab is one--piece with two pointed ends and a hook and loop
adjustment closure strap.
(1) Coat, Skirt, Slacks and Garrison Cap Polyester/wool serge, 11.5 oz. Army Green 489.
(2) Shirts. Precured durable press 65/35 polyester/cotton broadcloth, stock dyed yarn in
end--on--end configuration, 3.8--4.3 ounce Army Green 415.
(3) All Weather Coat.
65/35 polyester/cotton poplin. The color is Army Black 385.
(4) Neck Tab.
Polyester/cotton broadcloth, Army Black 305.