Figure 2-6. Tumbler, controls and instruments (sheet 2 of 2).
2-3. Operating the Equipment
(1) Preparation for Starting. R e f e r t o
(1) The instructions in this section are
preventive maintenance service on the laundry
published for the information and guidance of the
unit before starting.
personnel responsible for the operation of the
(a) Preparation for Starting.
(2) The operator must know how to perform
1. Place the three-way fuel valve (fig.
every operation of which the laundry unit is
2-1) in the SET position when starting, then
capable. This section gives instructions on start-
position the valve in the set or AUX position,
ing, stopping or shutting down the unit, and
depending on the source of fuel.
coordinating the basic motions to perfom the task
for which the equipment is designed. Since nearly
every job presents a different problem, the
operator may have to vary the given procedure to
fit the individual job.
2. See that the unit is properly grounded.
(3) It is essential for the well-being and safety
Refer to TM 5-115-275-14.
of the operator and persons assisting him that
safety warnings appearing throughout this manual
be strictly observed.