(2) Install assembled shaft assembly in fuel
Clean all parts in a weIl-ventilated area.
and housing (25).
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
(3) Install retaining ring (24).
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
(4) Install rear gear plate (23), gear housing
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
(22), drive gear (21 ), key (20) and front gear plate
Dry cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680)
(19) and secure with screws (18).
used to clean parts is potentially dangerous
(5) Install strainer (17), front cover gasket
(16) front cover (15) and secure with bolts (14).
to personnel and property. Do not use near
(6) Install sleeve bearing (13).
open flame or excessive heat. Flash point
(7) Install control piston (12), spring (11),
of solvent is 100 to 138F. (38 to 59C.).
spring seats (10 and 9), packing (8), thrust washer
Do not use compressed air for cleaning
(7), end plug gaskets (6 and 5) and end plugs (4
purposes except where reduced to less than
30 psi and then only with effective chip
(8) Install nut cap gaskets (2) and nut caps
guarding and personal protective equip.
(1) to end plugs.
Clean all parts of the fuel pump, using cleaning
solvent, Fed. Spec. P. D. 680, and dry thoroughly.
Direct a jet of dry compressed air through the pores
and bolts (3) .
in the strainer to remove any foreign matter that
(2) Reconnect the fuel lines (2 and 1) on the
may have been lodged.
fuel pump (5).
d. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect the front cover and fuel pump
When Mogas is utilized as the fuel source, add one
body for cracks, chips, nicks and other damage.
quart (.95 Mere) of OE-30 engine oil to each 5
(2) Inspect the gaskets and seals for tears,
gallons (19 liters) of Mogas.
cracks and excessive wear.
(3) Inspect the shaft assembly and gear set
4-35. Tumbler Burner Blower Assembly
for breaks, cracks, chips and other damage.
(4) Inspect all hardware for thread damage,
replace as necessary.
(5) Install repair kit to replace parts that are
(2) Tag and disconnect all electrical wiring
damaged, defective, or worn. If replacing parts
going to the blower and motor.
included in the repair kit is not practical, replace
the fuel pump.
securing the tumbler burner blower assembly (4) to
spring (30), washer (29) and seals (28 and 27) on
shaft assembly (33).