S e c t i o n XIII. WATER PUMP, FRAME AND SWITCH
4-36. G e n e r a l
discharge side of the pump. The strainer prevents
foreign matter from entering the water heater.
The centrifugal type water pump, mounted on a
tubular frame, is operated by an electric motor
4-37. Water Pump and Motor
mounted to the water pump housing. A sediment
strainer is located in the strainer housing on the
the water pump and motor.
Figure 4-45. Water pump and motor assembly, removal and installation.
(8) Remove nuts (19) and remove bracket (20),
(1) Remove the protective dust cap (1, fig.
with attachments, and gasket (21) from housing
from the discharge coupling. Remove the
(9) Remove the screws (22) securing the plate
discharge coupling (2) from the tee coupling.
(2) Remove the suction coupling (3) from the
vane (23) to the water pump mounting bracket
(3) Remove the strainer screw (4), nut (5),
(10) Holding the motor shaft stationary with
strainer cap clamp (6), strainer cap (7), gaskets (8
a screwdriver placed through the center hole of the
and 9), and gage and screen element (10) from the
motor front cover and into the shaft end slot,
remove nut (24).
(11) Remove the impeller (25), shims (26),
(4) Remove the strainer body (11) and pipe
nipple (12) from the tee coupling.
flatwasher (27), and seal assembly (28) from the
water pump mounting bracket (20).
and close nipple (14) from the water pump
securing the motor (31) to mounting bracket (20).
(6) Remove the pipe plugs (15) and 16) and
(13) Remove the studs (32) and preformed
the drain cock (17) from the water pump housing.
packing (33) from the water pump housing (34).
(7) Remove coupling (18) from housing (34).