Figure 4-74. Water heater burner, assembly, disassembly and reassembly.
adapter (16), nozzle strainer (15) and nozzle (14) to
Clean all parts in a well-ventilated area.
the electrode and nozzle holder (18).
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
(2) Install setscrew (13) and elbow (12) in the
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly. Dry
cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec, P-D-680) used
(3) Secure the burner tube (11) to the elec-
to clean parts is potentially dangerous to
personnel and property. Do not use near
open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of
(4) Install the pipe nipple (8) and glass (7) in
burner, then position gasket (6) in place and install
solvent is 100 to 138F. (38 to 59C.).
Clean parts with cleaning solvent, Fed. Spec.
P-D-680, and dry thoroughly.
electrode (3) and the install electrode.
d. Inspection and Repair.
(6) Secure air nose (2) to burner tube with
(1) Inspect the electrode and nozzle burner
tube and electrode holder for crocks, nicks, chips,
f. Adjustment. Adjust the electrodes, figure
and other damage.
(2) Replacement of all damaged items of the
burner is recommended unless damage is extremely