(3) Inspect the asbestos gasket for tears,
cracks, pitting and wear.
(4) Inspect the motor and motor plate for
flatwasher (6), rivet (7), washer (8) and spring (9)
cracks, dents, scores and other damage.
securing the shutter (10) to its bracket.
(5) Inspect all hardware for thread damage.
(12) securing the shutter bracket (13) to the
(1) Repair and/or replace a damaged shutter,
housing, wheel, motor or motor plate.
(3) Remove the setscrew (14) securing the
(2) Replace all missing or damaged hardware
coupling (15) to the motor shaft.
(4) Remove the setscrew (16) securing the
blower wheel (17) to the motor shaft.
(5) Remove the key (18) from the motor shaft.
housing (24) with washers (22) and bolts (21).
(6) Remove the screws (19) securing the motor
(2) Secure motor (20) to blower with screws
(20) to the blower.
(7) Remove the bolts (21) and lockwasher (22)
(3) Install key (18) in slot on motor shaft and
securing the motor plate (23) to the housing (24).
install blower wheel (17) on shaft. Secure with
(4) Install coupling (15) on motor shaft and
Clean all parts in a weIl-ventilated area.
secure with setscrew (14).
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
(5) Install shutter bracket (13) with washers
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
(12) and bolts (11).
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly. Dry
(6) Install shutter (10) and secure with spring
cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680) used
to clean parts is potentially dangerous to
(9), washer (8), rivet (7), washers (6) and cotter
personnel and property. Do not use near
open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of
solvent is 100 to 138F. (38 to 59C.).
Clean all parts of the blower and motor using a
and motor on water heater and secure with lock-
clean cloth dampened in cleaning solvent, Fed.
washers (3) and bolts (2).
(2) Reconnect the connector on the blower
Spec. P-D-680, and dry thoroughly.
(1) Inspect the shutter, and blower housing
4-63. Water Temperature Gage
for cracks, dents, nicks and other damage.
(2) Inspect the blower wheel for cracks, dents,
the water temperature gage.
and damaged blades.