(3) Position the rotary switch unit (14) on the
bracket ( 18) and secure with screws (13), lock-
washers (12) and nuts (11).
Clean all parts in a well-ventilated area.
Avoid inhalation of solvent fumes and
(4) Install the conduit (9), connectors (8 and
prolonged exposure of skin to cleaning
10) and outlet box (7) on the generator switch box.
solvent. Wash exposed skin thoroughly.
(5) Install the junction support (6) on the
Dry cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680)
outlet box (7) and secure with bolts (5), lock-
washers (4) and nuts (3).
used to clean parts is potentially dangerous
(6) Install the outlet box cover (2) onto the
to personnel and property. Do not use near
open flame or excessive heat. Flash point
outlet box (7) and secure with screws (1).
of solvent is 100 to 138F. (38 to 59C).
(1) Install the outlet box and generator switch
(1) Clean metal parts with cleaning solvent,
box assemblies onto the engine-generator, then
Fed. Spec. P-D-680, and dry thoroughly.
(2) Clean electrical components with dry
compressed airand a clean cloth.
inside the generator switch box.
a. Inspection and Repair.
(2) Reconnect all wiring to the generator
(1) Inspect all parts for damage.
switch box and outlet box assemblies.
(2) Replace all damaged parts.
(3) For external power requirements with
correct electrical connections, refer to wiring
the generator switch box (20).
(2) Install the support bracket (18) in the
4-84. Step Assembly
generator switch box and secure with screws (17),
a. Removal For removal of the step assembly
Figure 4-115. Step assembly, removal and installation.