CARBON MONOXIDE (EXHAUST GAS) CAN KILL YOU
Carbon monoxide is without color or smell; but can kill you. Breathing carbon
monoxide produces symptoms of headache, dizziness, loss of muscular control, a
sleepy feeling, and coma. Brain damage or death can result from heavy exposure.
Carbon monoxide occurs in the exhaust fumes of fuel-burning heaters and internal
combustion engines. Carbon monoxide can become dangerously concentrated
under conditions of no ventilation.
Precautions must be followed to ensure safety of personnel when the laundry unit
is in operation:
DO NOT operate laundry unit in an enclosed area without proper ventilation.
BE ALERT at all times during servicing procedures for carbon monoxide
poisoning. If exposure is present, IMMEDIATELY evacuate personnel to fresh air.
THE BEST DEFENSE AGAINST CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING IS GOOD
Remove rings, bracelets, wristwatches, and neck chains before working around or
on the laundry unit. Jewelry can catch on equipment and cause injury, or may
short across an electrical circuit and cause severe burns or electrical shock.
Do not operate the unit until the ground terminal stud of the engine-generator set
has been connected to a suitable ground. Electrical faults in the engine-generator
set, load lines, or load equipment can cause death by electrocution from contact
with an ungrounded system.