Table 2-2. Unit Troubleshooting (Continued)
TEST OR INSPECTION
WATER HEATER BURNER FAILS TO IGNITE OR IGNITION IS DELAYED. (Cont)
(3) Remove conduit connector (2) and adapter (3) from
transformer (7). Remove wires from conduit.
(4) Remove two nuts (5), lockwashers (6), and transformer (7).
(5) Install new transformer (7), two lockwashers (6), and nuts
(6) Install adapter (3) on transformer (7). Install wires (4)
in conduit and install conduit connector (2) on adapter.
(7) Connect two electrode leads (1) to transformer (7).
(8) Connect two transformer wires to contactor in control box.
Refer to FIGURE 2-5. Remove tags.
If blue spark is present in sight glass, proceed to next step.
Check for breaks or cracks in electrode porcelain.
If electrode porcelain has breaks or cracks, replace
electrode. Refer to paragraph 2-34.
If porcelain does not have damage and problem persists, notify
WATER HEATER BLOWER MOTOR CIRCUIT BREAKER SWITCH CONTINUES TO TRIP.
Check fuel pump and motor for obstructions.
If obstruction is found, clean or remove obstruction.
If no obstruction is found, proceed to next step.
Loosen setscrew at fuel pump shaft and check for seized fuel pump or
motor. Refer to paragraph 2-37.
If motor or fuel pump is binding, replace fuel pump and/or
If motor and fuel pump are serviceable and problem persists,
notify your supervisor.