EXTRACTOR DRAIN PIPE ASSEMBLY
This task covers:
a. Inspection b. Removal c. Disassembly d. Assembly e. Installation
TM 10-3510-220-10, Water pump removed.
General mechanics tool kit
TM 10-3510-220-10, Extractor drain hose disconnected.
TM 10-3510-220-10, Water drained from washer.
General Safety Instructions
High voltage is present on this equipment. Do not
perform maintenance with power on. Death or
serious injury may result.
CARC produces toxic fumes when flame is applied. It
is necessary to remove CARC in area where flame is
to be applied. Death can result.
1. Inspect extractor drain pipe assembly for cracks, freeze breaks, corrosion, loose fittings and
2. Remove inspection cap (2) on check valve (7). Remove any debris and obstructions from inside
valve. Insure interior gate swings freely.
1. Disconnect union joint (8) from extractor drain pipe assembly.
2. Remove tie down straps from extractor drain pipe (4) as necessary.
3. Remove extractor drain pipe by removing nut (3) that attaches bracket (6) to washer base.
Remove coupling (1) and check valve (7) from extractor drain pipe (4).
Remove screw (5), and bracket (6) from extractor drain pipe (4).
CARC produces toxic fumes when flame is applied. It is necessary to
remove CARC in area where flame is to be applied. Death can result.
Solder or tighten fittings to stop leaks.
Remove corrosion or foreign material from threaded joints.
Replace broken or defective parts.