2-48. DRYER UV SCANNER AND FLAME SAFEGUARD ASSEMBLY (CONT)
Heated parts may cause injury to personnel if
safety precautions are not followed. Allow
burner area to cool before any maintenance
actions are performed on the burner assembly.
7. Remove UV scanner (10) from burner cover (11).
8 . R e m o v e U V s c a n n e r a nd
attached wires from base (9).
9. Remove four mounting screws (12) and base (9)
from the electrical panel.
1. Clean lens of UV scanner with a soft cloth
(Item 3, App C) moistened with water. Dry
lens with a dry, soft cloth.
2. Use a small brush to clean carbon
deposits from the inside of scanner
Repair of the UV scanner and flame safeguard
assembly consists of replacing the defective
components. Remove and replace only those items
necessary to make repair. If replacement of
individual parts is not practical, then replace the
next higher assembly.
1. Install base (9) and secure with four mounting screws (12).