2-55. WATER HOSE ASSEMBLY
This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit
TM 10-3510-220-10, Tarp assembly removed, and
water pump assembly removed.
General Safety Instructions
Rubber hose and clamps as required
Petrolatum (Item 8, App C)
Flying debris can damage eyes and cause
blindness. Wear protective eye wear when cutting
or grinding metal parts.
Flying debris can damage eyes and cause blindness. Wear
protective eye wear when cutting or grinding metal parts.
These procedures tell how to repair all water hoses. If the hose is
broken near the coupling, repair can be done by cutting off the
damaged hose end and replacing the coupling.
1. Loosen hose clamps (1) and remove
coupling (2) from hose (3).
2. Cutoff damaged section of water hose (3).
3. Slide hose clamps (1) over end of water
4. Insert couplings (2) and tighten hose
5. Ensure gasket (4) is inside coupling (2).
1. If hose damage is near the center of the hose, replace with new hose of the same length.
2. Perform follow-on installation.
Install hose in laundry unit (TM 10-3510-220-10).