3-7. GENERAL MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES. (CONT)
d. Cleaning and Inspection of Mechanical Parts.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear
protective goggles and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated
area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and dont
breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat.
The /lash point is 100- 138°F (38 - 59°C). If you become dizzy
while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air immediately and get
medical aid. If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes with
water and get medical aid immediately.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30
psi (207 kPa). Use only with effective chip-guarding and
personal-protective equipment (goggles, shield, gloves, etc.).
(1) Clean metal parts in dry cleaning solvent (Item 10, App C). Thoroughly dry the parts
with compressed air, observing all safety precautions.
(2) Clean fibrous or rubber parts with warm, soapy water and dry with compressed air.
(3) Inspect metal parts for cracks, breaks, bends, worn edges, and rough bearing surfaces.
Replace the part if damage alters the part or its function.
e. General Repair.
(1) Repair the laundry unit by replacing or repairing a defective component and/or by
making needed adjustments.
(2) Clean and lubricate the laundry unit as needed to return the item to operating condition.
(3) Remove and replace only those items necessary to make repairs. After replacing the
defective components, ensure that the laundry operates correctly by making a visual
inspection. Refer to TM 10-3510-220-10.