3-13. WASHER DRIVE MOTOR (CONT)
1. Refer to TM 5-764 for inspection and repair of the electric motors.
2. Inspect the drive unit gearbox by rotating input shaft and listening/feeling for grinding,
binding, or rough movement.
Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective
goggles and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid
contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and dont breathe vapors. Do not
use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100 - 138°F (38
- 59°C). Ifyou become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air
immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is made, wash
your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
3. Repair drive unit gearbox by cleaning the exterior with solvent (Item 10, App C) or by replacing
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207
kPa). Use only with effective chip-guarding and personal-protective
equipment (goggles, shield, gloves, etc).
4. Use compressed air and blow dry the gear case.
5. Inspect the drain plug threads and bearing cap threads for damage and broken studs. Repair
threads as needed. Installation of threaded insert is permissible.
1. Assemble drive motor.
Install bearings (7) and (10) on rotor shaft (8).
Install rotor (8) in motor housing (9).
Position front plate (13) and end plate (6)
on motor housing (9) and install four bolts
(5) and nuts (11).
Install slinger (12) on rotor shaft (8).