LAUNDRY ADVANCED SYSTEM OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
ASSEMBLY AND PREPARATION FOR USE -- Continued
INITIAL ADJUSTMENTS, BEFORE USE, AND SELF--TEST
A. Initial System Start--up
Operating personnel must be familiar with system operation and emergency
procedures prior to operating LADS. Failure to operate this system properly can
cause severe injury or death to yourself or other personnel working nearby.
If any hazardous or unusual conditions are observed during operation perform an
emergency stop shutdown immediately (WP 0013 00).
If indicators displayed at main control enclosure or at operator panels are not as
stated in the following procedures, refer to troubleshooting procedures (WP 0015 00)
to determine the proper action to take.
If the control system detects a system failure the audible alarm will go on and off
intermittently. Further operations may or may not be interrupted, depending on how
critical the failure is. If this occurs the operator panel display will read:
WASH CYCLE X IN PROGRESS
WASH= XXX F DRY= XXX F
FILL FROM WASH TANK
In either case refer to troubleshooting procedures work package (WP 0015 00) to
determine the proper action to take.
1. Ensure all BEFORE PMCS procedures have been completed (WP 0024 00).
2. Bring MEP--805A generator on--line (TM 9--6115--644--10) or apply external power as required.
3. Set generator output to 210 VAC, 60 HZ.
4. Verify EMERGENCY STOP switch (WP 0008 00, Figure 1, 5 ) is pulled out.
5. Position MAIN DISCONNECT switch (1 ) to ON.
6. Verify MAIN POWER lamp (2) is ON.
7. Position CONTROL POWER switch (3) to ON.
LADS contains a monitor that verifies correct electrical phasing with external power
source. If phasing is not correct, CONTROL POWER lamp will not come on, with
CONTROL POWER switch in ON position.
8. Verify CONTROL POWER lamp (4) is ON.