DRUM MOTOR STALLS DURING EXTRACT or WATER NOT
DRAINING FROM DRUM
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
Troubleshooting Drum Motor Stalls During Extract or Water Not Draining From Drum Fault
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0272 00)
Power must be applied at main control
Multimeter (Item 2, WP 0272 00)
enclosure (WP 0010 00).
Drum motor stalls will occur randomly during laundry operations. These random stalls are
caused by unbalanced loads, not draining enough water from drum, and temporary voltage
drops at the external power source. This procedure should only be used to troubleshoot a
condition where the drum motor is stalling on extract steps of sequential laundry cycles.
1. Start or continue a laundry cycle (TM 10--3510--221--10).
2. Monitor drum and drum motor during extract.
Does drum motor stall?
YES Pause laundry cycle. Go to step 3.
NO Return to normal operation.
3. Check voltage and frequency output of external power source.
Are voltage and frequency levels correct?
YES Go to step 4.
NO Adjust voltage and frequency levels as necessary. Return to normal operation.
4. Check for debris in water pump strainer (TM 10--3510--221--10).
Is strainer clear of debris?
YES Go to step 5.
NO Clean and replace strainer. Return to normal operation.
5. Disconnect hose from drain port on bottom of drum. Check for blockage at drain port.
Is blockage found?
YES Clear blockage as required. Reconnect hose. Return to normal operation.
NO Reconnect hose. Go to step 6.
6. Continue laundry cycle. During DRAIN and EXTRACT TO STILL step observe still inlet valve (FV109).
Is FV109 open?
YES Go to step 7.
NO Go to TYPICAL WATER CONTROL VALVE NOT OPENING/CLOSING FAULT (WP 0047 00).