STILL NOT BOILING DOWN OR COOLDOWN/DRAIN CYCLE
WILL NOT FINISH
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
Troubleshooting Still Not Boiling Down Or Cooldown/Drain Cycle Will Not Finish
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Item 1, WP 0272 00)
Power must be applied at main control
enclosure (WP 0010 00).
This procedure must be performed during a heating tanks operation, cooldown cycle, or
1. Observe operator panel A display.
Does display read STILL NOT BOILING DOWN.
YES Go to step 2.
NO Control system will provided alarm message if still does not boil down. Return to normal
2. Use EXAMINE INPUTS to observe still water level (LT200). Record still level.
3. Disconnect air tube from level sensor LT200.
4. Use maintenance menu to observe still level.
Does display read approximately 0 inches.
YES Go to step 5.
NO Reconnect tube to level sensor. Go to TYPICAL LT FAILURE (WP 0033 00).
5. Disconnect air tube from LH barb fitting on still.
6. Disconnect air tube labeled FV114AE from tee fitting at inlet to steam eductor bypass valve FV114A.
7. Connect a piece of 1/4 inch tubing between barb fitting on still and tee fitting.
Tube previously disconnected from level sensor must remain disconnected prior to
pressurizing still. Applying high pressure to level sensor will cause permanent damage.
8. Using maintenance menu close valve FV114A for about 5 seconds then open valve.
9. Disconnect 1/4 tubing from tee fitting and still.
10. Reconnect system tubing at tee fitting, still, and level sensor.