2-54. GAS-OIL COMBUSTION BURNER.
This task covers:
General Mechanic's Tool Kit (App B, Item 1)
Automotive Vehicle Shop Equipment
(App B, Item 2)
Dryer shut down (TM 10-3510-222-10)
Nonmetallic Hoses (Fuel Lines) disconnected
Solenoid Nonmetallic Hose Valve removed
Transformer and Box removed (Para 2-56)
General Safety Instructions
Voltage in this equipment is high
enough to cause serious injury or
death. Do not perform this task with
(1) Disconnect flame control (1).
(2) Loosen two clamps (2) on hose (7).
(3) Support burner assembly (6) and remove six nuts (3) and lockwashers (4) and disconnect grounding strap (5) from
(4) Remove burner assembly (6) and gasket (8) from dryer.
Repair of burner assembly consists of replacement of solenoid nonmetallic hose valve (Para 2-65) ignition cable, sight
eye and piping, electrode and nozzle assembly (Para 2-55).
(1) Position gasket (8) on studs of dryer.
(2) Position burner assembly (6) on dryer, making sure hose (7) mates with air duct on burner assembly and secure
with six lockwashers (4) and nuts (3), using top nut to secure ground strap
(5) to burner assembly (6).
(3) Tighten two clamps (2).
(4) Install transformer and box (Para 2-56).
(5) Install solenoid nonmetallic hose valve (Para 2-70).
(6) Connect nonmetallic hoses (fuel lines) (Para 2-43).
Flame control is fragile. Do not force on or overtighten.
(7) Install flame control (1) finger tight.