2-57. SPEED REDUCER.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (App B, Item 1)
Laundry Unit shut down (TM 10-3510-222-10)
General Safety Instructions
High voltage is present on this
maintenance with power on. Death or
serious injury may result
(1) Remove three screws (1), lockwashers (2) and chain guard (3).
(2) Using thumb, push inward on chain (4) about midpoint between sprockets.
(3) If chain moves inward about 1/2 inch, chain is adjusted correctly. Go to step 8. If not, go to step 4.
(4) Loosen two screws (5).
(5) If chain is too loose, turn nut (7) and nut (6) downward an equal amount until chain tension is correct.
(6) If chain is too tight, turn nut (7) and nut (6) upward an equal amount until tension on chain is correct.
(7) Tighten two screws (5).
(8) Install chain guard (3) with three lockwashers (2) and screws (1).