2-81. MODIFIED GENERATOR.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (App B, Item 1)
Laundry Unit shut down (TM 10-3510-222-10)
Automotive Vehicle Shop Equipment
Cover removed (Para 2-82)
(App B, Item 2)
Detach bottom of tarpaulin support frame
General Safety Instructions
Self-locking nut (App C, Item 13)
High voltage is present on this equipment. Do not
perform maintenance with power on. Death or
serious injury may result.
(1) Rotate tarpaulin support frame (1) down.
Generator exhaust hoses may be extremely hot. Be careful when
working near and /or removing them as this could cause serious
injury to personnel.
(2) Remove generator exhaust hoses (17) from generator (3).
(3) Disconnect pigtail of main power cable (4) from generator (3).
(4) Remove eight nuts (11), lockwashers (12), washers (13), blocks (14) and bolts (15) from generator
(3) and Laundry Unit.
(5) Remove generator (3) (using forklift) from Laundry Unit.
(6) Remove union (19) and pipe (18) as one piece from generator (3).
(7) Remove three battery hooks (16).
(8). Remove hose (6) from gage (9).