CARBON MONOXIDE (EXHAUST GAS) CAN KILL YOU
Carbon monoxide is without color or smell, but can kill you. Breathing
carbon monoxide produces symptoms of headache, dizziness, loss of
muscular control, a sleepy feeling, and coma. Brain damage or death
can result from heavy exposure. Carbon monoxide occurs in the
exhaust fumes of fuel-burning heaters and internal combustion engines.
Carbon monoxide can become dangerously concentrated under
conditions of no ventilation.
Precautions must be followed to ensure operator's safety when the
Laundry Unit is in operation.
DO NOT operate Laundry Unit in an enclosed area without
BE ALERT at all times during operating procedures for carbon
monoxide poisoning. If exposure is present IMMEDIATELY
evacuate personnel to fresh air.
BE AWARE the field protection mask used for nuclear-
biological-chemical attack WILL NOT protect you from carbon
THE BEST DEFENSE AGAINST CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
IS GOOD VENTILATION.
ELECTRICAL HIGH VOLTAGE CAN KILL YOU
Electrical high voltage cannot be seen but it can kill you. Electricity is
unlike most other dangerous things you can come in contact with
because it gives no warning and no symptoms to be wary of. Its effect is
immediate. It can kill you, render you unconscious, or severely burn
you. To ensure your safety and that of other maintenance personnel,
always observe the following precautions:
DO NOT perform any maintenance on electrical equipment
unless all power is removed.
BE CERTAIN that there is someone assisting you who can
remove power immediately.
ALWAYS place POWER OFF warning tags on power supply
switches so that no one will apply power while you are
FOR ARTIFICIAL RESPIRATION, REFER TO FM 21-11.