CONTAINERIZED SELF SERVICE LAUNDRY (CSSL)
Circuit Breaker #1 in right side power distribution panel
set to OFF
Light Fluorescent, General Purpose
(WP 0070 00, Table 1, Item 2)
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit General Mech. Automotive
(WP 0041, Table 2, Item 1), Flashlight
This equipment operates at high voltages. Use extreme caution. Touching a live
wire can cause serious injury or death.
1. Using a flashlight (in footlocker), inspect the fluorescent light fixtures for damage and security of mounting.
2. Check for the presence and security of the light cover (1).
1. To replace a burned out light bulb (2) un-clasp and remove the light cover (1). Remove the retainer clips (3)
holding the light bulb in the sockets (4) and retain. Turn the burned out light bulb slightly and remove it from its
2. Remove the spring clips (5) securing the reflector (6) and retain. Remove the reflector.
3. After the reflector is removed, check the security of fixture mounting hardware. Tighten if necessary.
4. Disconnect the ballast wiring. Retain the wire nuts (7) and tag the wires. Remove the screws (8) holding the ballast
(9). Remove the ballast.
5. Secure new ballast (9) using retained screws (8). Connect the tagged wires, securing with retained wire nuts (7).
6. Install reflector (6) using retained spring clips (5).
7. Install the new light bulbs (2) into the sockets and secure with retainer clips (3). Place the cover (1) onto the
housing and secure with clasps.
8. Turn circuit breaker #1 in right side power distribution panel to ON. Turn light switch ON.