DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
CONTAINERIZED SELF SERVICE LAUNDRY (CSSL)
SUMP PUMP AND FLOAT SWITCH
CSSL not in operation
Wiping Rags (WP 0070, Table 1, Item 1)
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mech. Automotive (WP 0042, Table 2,
This equipment operates at high voltage. Use extreme caution. Set circuit breaker
#12 on the right side power distribution panel to OFF. Touching a live wire can
cause serious injury or death.
1. Before repairing or replacing the sump pump, ensure that all the washers have completed their wash cycle. If
necessary, drain the wastewater tank so that the water level is below the wastewater discharge pipe.
2. To repair the sump pump power cord, remove and install the pump as described below.
3. Replace the power cord as described in Work Package 0072 00, Figure 3, Power Cord Modification.
1. Loosen the screw on the front of the wire retainer bracket (1).
2. Remove the four screws (2) from the wall plate (3) of the junction box. Remove the wall plate.
3. Tag and disconnect all wires from the sump pump cord (4) inside the junction box.
4. Pull the wires through the opening in the junction box.
5. Remove all cable ties from the sump pump cord (4).
6. Slide the sump pump cord through the wall mounted cable bracket (5).
7. Remove the hex bolts (6), washers (7) and nuts (8) on the wastewater tank cover (9) and remove the cover.