DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
CONTAINERIZED SELF SERVICE LAUNDRY (CSSL)
CSSL not in operation
Wiping Rags (WP 0070, Table 1, Item 1)
V-belt, Pump( WP 0070 Table 1, Item 18)
V-belt, Drive (WP 0070, Table 1, Item 17)
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Org. Maintenance Common No.1
(WP0042, Table 2, Item 2)
This equipment operates at high voltages. Use extreme caution. Observe all
warnings, and follow all safety procedures. Only MOS 51R, 52C, 52D, 52G or a
qualified civilian must perform this procedure. Touching a live wire can cause
serious injury or death.
Water Pump Belt.
1. Lay the washer on its front for access.
2. Loosen three screws (1) from the bottom of the base securing the pump.
3. Slide the pump to slacken the belt.
4. Remove the broken belt.
6. Place a new belt over the motor pulley (2) and pump pulley (3).
7. Slide the pump back to tighten the belt.
8. Secure the three screws (1).
9. Grasp the belt at its mid point and squeeze with moderate pressure. There should be ¼ inch clearance between the
inside surfaces of the belt.
10. Adjust the belt by re-positioning the pump as necessary.