DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
CONTAINERIZED SELF SERVICE LAUNDRY (CSSL)
TEST, REPAIR, REPLACE
CSSL not in operation
Wiping Rags (WP 0070, Table 1, Item 1)
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Org. Maint. Common No.1
(WP 0042, Table 2, Item 2)
This equipment operates at high voltages. Use extreme caution during test
procedure. Touching a live wire can cause serious injury or death. Only MOS 51R,
52C, 52D, 52G or a qualified civilian must perform this procedure.
1. Turn the vent fan switch (1) ON.
2. Check that circuit breaker #8 in the right side power distribution panel (2) is ON.
3. Check for the 120 VAC power from outside the utility wall.
4. Remove the external fan cover (3) by removing the hardware (4).
5. Remove the two screws (5) from the plate (6) and grommet (7) on the rear of the motor housing.
6. Check for power using a multimeter, and check for power from the ground to the stud (8).
1. Before removing the vent fan (9), set circuit breaker #8 in the right side power distribution panel (2) to OFF.
2. Disconnect and tag all wires even if the wires are already tagged. Pull the wires and conduit (10) away from the
3. Remove the internal fan cover (11) by removing the hardware (12).
4. Remove the fan blades (13) from the fan motor by loosening the setscrew (14).