5. Thread the guy line (1) through one side of the tent slip (2) and then through the brace and around the pole of the
eave (3) extender. Thread two guy lines through the ridge extender (4).
6. Bring guy line (1) through other side of tent slip (2) and tie an overhand knot at end of guy line (1). Repeat steps
above for all extenders.
Raising the Frame to Partially-Erect Position.
Eliminate the possibility of tripping. Clear fabric and guy lines. Injury to
personnel may result from falls.
Avoid folding wall fabric into joints. Material may rip or tear if caught in joint.
Two soldiers should be placed at each arch leg to raise frame. Lift tent from
correct squatting position, using your legs to avoid back injury.
Raise one side of the frame.
1. Fold wall fabric (1) towards ridge (2) to expose eave gussets (3). Place folded fabric on ridge fabric (4).
2. Identify quick release pin (5) and ensure it is hanging free.
3. Identify the locking hole in the side arch assembly (6) and ensure it is free of debris.
4. Place one hand on the side arch assembly (6), and one hand on the eave purlin (7), outside the diagonal brace