After the power and freshwater supply connections are complete, and a wastewater collection/disposal site is
connected, the CSSL can be operated.
1. In the Right Side Power Distribution Panel, set circuit breakers # 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, and 20 to ON
2. In the Left Side Power Distribution Panel, set circuit breakers # 6, 8, 10, 15, 17, and 18 to ON.
3. To use the interior lights, turn the light switch on the wall near the personnel door to ON.
The freshwater pump is not used when the CSSL is connected to a municipal
water system that supplies sufficient water pressure. However, when a static
supply, such as a 3,000 Gallon fabric tank is connected, the freshwater pump must
be used to provide water pressure.
4. To use the Freshwater Pump, set circuit breaker #3 in the Right Side Power Distribution Panel to ON.
5. Connect garden hose to the hose fitting (1) located at the end of the supply line (behind washer/dryer #6) and
ensure the ball valve (2) is open. Set circuit breaker #3 on the right side Power Distribution Panel to ON. Start the
freshwater pump (3) by lifting the lever (4) on the side of pressure switch (5) to override the shutoff. Hold lever until the
pressure gage (6) indicates 20 lbs of pressure, then release lever. When water flows from end of the garden hose,
close the ball valve (2). After lever is released, the pressure tank (7) regulates the operation of the pump in accordance
with the needs of the wash system. Disconnect the garden hose, drain and coil it, connect the ends together and place
it in the footlocker.
6. If pressure gage (6) shows no pressure after pump has run for several minutes, refer to Unit Maintenance.
7. After the freshwater system has been activated, open the side doors (8) and check the water hose connections (9)
behind washers for leaks. Hand-tighten any hose that leaks. If leak persists, notify Unit Maintenance. Close the side