CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
Tool Kit, General Mechanics: Automotive (WP
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer
Connector, Butt, #14-16 Blue (WP 0087, Item 14)
CBL set up
Always secure and tag circuit breakers and switches OFF before attempting any
electrical repairs. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment, and capable of posing a
shock hazard even when personnel are not in direct contact with metal parts. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
Leaking ballast may impose an environmental hazard. Ensure discarded ballast is
disposed of IAW unit SOP. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
1. Disconnect power by switching circuit breaker No. 11 to OFF.
2. Remove ballast cover plate.
3. Tag and disconnect wiring from ballast (Figure 1, Item 1). Some wiring may need to be cut in order
to be disconnected.
4. Remove two nuts retaining ballast (Figure 1, Item 1) and remove ballast.
5. Install replacement ballast (Figure 1, Item 1) and retain with two nuts.
6. Wire ballast (Figure 1, Item 1) as tagged.
7. Install ballast cover plate.
8. Switch circuit breaker NO. 11 to ON. Operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10, and
monitor for normal operation.