Replace the Battery (Blackout Lighting only)
Always secure and tag circuit breakers and switches OFF before attempting any
electrical repairs. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment, and capable of posing a
shock hazard even when personnel are not in direct contact with metal parts. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
A leaking battery may impose an environmental hazard. Ensure discarded battery is
disposed of IAW unit SOP. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
1. Disconnect power by switching circuit breaker OFF.
3. Tag and disconnect wiring from battery (Figure 2, Item 2).
4. Remove the screws retaining the battery (Figure 2, Item 2) and remove the battery.
5. Install the replacement battery (Figure 2, Item 2) and retain with screws.
6. Connect wiring to battery (Figure 2, Item 2) as tagged.
8. Switch circuit breaker ON.
9. Operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10, and monitor for normal operation.