Test the Control Circuit Breaker
This equipment operates at high voltages. Use extreme caution, observe all warnings,
and follow all safety procedures. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in
injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect power at the main circuit breaker.
2. Open PLC enclosure.
3. Remove the screws retaining the bypass switch assembly (Figure 17, Item 31) and pull the bypass
switch assembly from the enclosure.
4. Tag and disconnect the wiring from the circuit breaker (Figure 17, Item 32).
5. Ensure the breaker (Figure 17, Item 32) is closed, and use an ohmmeter to test for continuity. There
6. Use an ohmmeter to test for continuity between each terminal and the assembly mount (Figure 17,
7. Replace a circuit breaker (Figure 17, Item 32) that fails any of these tests.
8. Connect the wiring to the circuit breaker (Figure 17, Item 32) as tagged.
9. Install the bypass switch assembly (Figure 17, Item 31) into the PLC enclosure and retain with
10. Close the PLC enclosure, connect power, and monitor for normal operation.