Test the Bypass Switches
This equipment operates at high voltages. Use extreme caution, observe all warnings,
and follow all safety procedures. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in
injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect power at the main circuit breaker and open PLC enclosure.
2. Remove the screws (Figure 24, Item 48) retaining the bypass switch assembly (on both top and
bottom) (Figure 24, Item 31), and pull the bypass switch assembly from the enclosure.
3. Tag and disconnect the wiring from the switch (Figure 24, Item 49) being tested.
4. Place the switch (Figure 24, Item 49) in the on position, and use an ohmmeter to test for continuity.
5. Place the switch (Figure 24, Item 49) in the off position and use an ohmmeter to test for continuity.
6. Use an ohmmeter to test for continuity between each terminal and the assembly mount (Figure 24,
. There should
be infinite resistance. Replace
a switch (Figure 24, Item 49) that fails any
7. Connect the wiring to the switch (Figure 24, Item 49) as tagged.
8. Install the bypass switch assembly (Figure 24, Item 31) into the PLC enclosure, and retain with
screws (Figure 24, Item 48).
9. Close the PLC enclosure, connect power, and monitor for normal operation.