Replace Surge Arrestor
This equipment operates at high voltages. Use extreme caution, observe all warnings,
and follow all safety procedures. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in
injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect power by switching circuit breaker No. 8 to OFF.
2. Open PLC enclosure.
3. Loosen the screw retaining the clip (Figure 6, Item 9) and remove the clip.
4. Tag and disconnect wiring from surge arrestor (Figure 6, Item 12).
5. Remove surge arrestor (Figure 6, Item 12) by grasping the surge arrestor and pulling the top of the
surge arrestor out while pushing the lower part of the surge arrestor in with the heel of your hand.
6. Install replacement surge arrestor (Figure 6, Item 12) by engaging the lower part of the surge
arrestor first, and then applying pressure to the top with your hand.
7. Connect wiring to replacement surge arrestor (Figure 6, Item 12) as tagged.
8. Install the clip (Figure 6, Item 9) and retain with screw.
9. Close PLC enclosure.
10. Connect power and monitor for normal operation.