Replace the Control Transformer
This equipment operates at high voltages. Use extreme caution, observe all warnings,
and follow all safety procedures. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in
injury or death to personnel.
1. Disconnect power by switching circuit breaker No. 8 to OFF.
2. Open the PLC enclosure.
3. Remove the fasteners retaining the transformer (Figure 9, Item 16) to the PLC enclosure, and
remove the transformer.
It may be easier to cut the wiring from the transformer and splice the wiring from the
4. Locate the termination of the wiring from the transformer (Figure 9, Item 16), and tag and disconnect
the wiring from the transformer.
5. Connect the replacement transformer (Figure 9, Item 16) wiring as tagged.
6. Install the replacement transformer (Figure 9, Item 16), and retain in place with fasteners in the PLC
7. Close the PLC enclosure, connect power, and monitor for normal operation.
Figure 9. Replace the Control Transformer.