Replace Actuator Valve Assembly
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
Ensure you have the correct replacement actuator valve. While the actuator valves all
look very similar, they are not interchangeable.
1. Disconnect power by switching the P-3 and P-4 circuit breakers to off.
2. Isolate the actuator valve to be replaced, and drain the system. Refer to Table 2 for information on
Refer to TM 10-3510-226-10 for illustrated settings of Table 2.
Table 2. Valve Settings to Isolate and Drain Actuator Valve Assemblies.
For Actuator Valve Assembly A-1
For Actuator Valve Assembly A-2, A-3, A-4
3. Twist and disconnect the electrical quick disconnect (Figure 2, Item 4).
4. Remove the screw retaining the position indicator/handle (Figure 2, Item 3). Do not remove the
5. Remove the screws retaining the actuator bracket (Figure 2, Item 5) to the wall mount, and remove
actuator (Figure 2, Item 2) and bracket as an assembly.
6. Remove the bracket (Figure 2, Item 5) from the actuator (Figure 2, Item 2) by separating the bracket
from the slot in the actuator body.