Repair the PVC Plumbing
Ensure graywater pipes have been sanitized IAW procedures contained in TB MED 577
before attempting any repairs. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in
serious illness or death from biohazards.
Many repairs on the Water Treatment System plumbing may be accomplished if the CBL
is operating with no water reuse. However, repairs should be performed with the CBL
secured from routine laundry operations if at all possible. Refer to TM 10-3510-226-10
for instructions on operating the CBL with no water reuse.
1. Flush and drain Water Treatment System IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10.
2. Place CBL out of service and disconnect power.
3. Cut out damaged CPVC pipe section (Figure 3, Item 5) or fitting.
4. Clean cut and prime cut ends.
5. Cut replacement pipe section (Figure 3, Item 6) as necessary to fit.
6. Install pipe section (Figure 3, Item 6), fittings, and couplings (Figure 3, Item 7) as necessary, and
cement in place.
7. Operate CBL IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10 and monitor for leakage and normal