CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
PUMP/P1, WATER SOURCE
Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer 63J
Repair: Organizational Maintenance, Common
CBL set up.
TB MED 577
Test the Pressure Switch and Pump
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
1. Switch the P-1 Pump circuit breaker (No. 7 and 9) to OFF.
2. Loosen nut retaining pressure switch cover (Figure 1, Item 1) and remove cover.
3. Tag and disconnect motor wiring from pressure switch (Figure 1, Item 2).
4. Use an ohmmeter to check for continuity across each leg of pressure switch (Figure 1, Item 2).
There should be 0 ohms resistance.
5. Depress switch actuator (Figure 1, Item 3) and check for continuity. There should be infinite
resistance. Replace a pressure switch (Figure 1, Item 2) that fails either test.
6. Use an ohmmeter to check for 1.5 2.0 ohms resistance between motor leads.
7. Use an ohmmeter to test of infinite resistance between each motor lead and ground. Replace a
motor (Figure 1, Item 4) that fails either test.
8. Reconnect motor wiring to switch (Figure 1, Item 2) as tagged.
9. Install pressure switch cover (Figure 1, Item 1) and retain with nut.
10. Reconnect power and monitor for normal operation.