Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
Ensure graywater pipes have been sanitized IAW procedures contained in TB MED 577
before attempting any repairs. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in
serious illness or death from biohazards.
1. Disconnect power from P-1 pump (Figure 2, Item 5).
2. Loosen hose clamp retaining the pressure relief valve hose (Figure 2, Item 6) to the drain manifold
(Figure 2, Item 7), and disconnect pressure relief valve hose from drain manifold.
3. Place hose end (Figure 2, Item 6) in bucket.
4. Ensure water supply is on, connect power to P-1 pump (Figure 2, Item 5) and switch pump on.
5. Monitor hose discharge into bucket.
6. Adjust the valve (Figure 2, Item 8) that discharges water at operating pressures (30 to 60 psig).
7. Switch P-1 pump (Figure 2, Item 5) off and disconnect power.
8. Install pressure relief valve hose (Figure 2, Item 6) onto drain manifold (Figure 2, Item 7) and retain
with hose clamp.
9. Operate CBL IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10 and monitor for leakage and normal