CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
PUMP/P1, WATER SOURCE
Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and Repair:
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment
Organizational Maintenance, Common No.1 (WP 0086
Repairer 63J (2)
CBL set up.
TB MED 577
Replace the Pressure Switch
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
1. Switch P-1 pump circuit breaker No. 7 and 9 to OFF.
2. Loosen nut retaining pressure switch cover (Figure 1, Item 1) and remove cover.
It will be necessary to remove insulation from the pump to access the pressure line
3. Remove pressure line connection (Figure 1, Item 2) from pump.
4. Tag and disconnect wiring from pressure switch (Figure 1, Item 3).
5. Loosen and remove both conduit locknuts from switch (Figure 1, Item 3).
6. Remove switch (Figure 1, Item 3) from conduits.
7. Install replacement switch (Figure 1, Item 3) onto conduits and retain with locknuts.
8. Connect wiring to replacement switch (Figure 1, Item 3) as tagged.