CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
PUMP/P-4, FILTRATION LOOP 2
Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and Repair:
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment
Repairer 63J (2)
Table 2, Item 5)
CBL set up
TB MED 577
Test Pump P-4
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power by switching circuit breaker 14, 16, 18 to OFF and ensure the panel covering P-4
pump has been removed.
2. Remove screws retaining cover to pump junction box (Figure 1, Item 1) and remove cover.
3. Tag and disconnect motor leads.
4. Use an ohmmeter to test for 2.5 to 3.5 ohms resistance between motor leads No. 1 and 7, No. 3 and
9, and No. 2 and 8 with wire leads 4, 5, and 6 jumpered.
6. Replace a pump motor (Figure 1, Item 2) that has open or shorted windings.
7. Reconnect wiring as tagged.
8. Install cover to pump junction box (Figure 1, Item 1), and retain with screws.
9. Operate pump IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10 and monitor for normal operation.
10. Install guard panel.