Replace the Pump Seal
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power, drain water system, and remove guard panel to expose pump.
2. Remove the screws retaining the coupling guard (Figure 2, Item 3) and remove the coupling guard.
3. Remove the bolts securing the coupling halves and remove the coupling (Figure 2, Item 4).
4. Remove the coupling pin from the pump shaft (Figure 2, Item 5).
5. Tag and disconnect motor leads.
6. Remove the bolts retaining the motor (Figure 2, Item 2) to the motor stool (Figure 2, Item 6) and
remove the motor.
7. Loosen the three screws securing the cartridge seal (Figure 2, Item 7) and unscrew the cartridge
seal from the motor stool (Figure 2, Item 6).
8. Install a new O-ring onto the cartridge seal (Figure 2, Item 7) and install the cartridge seal. Do not
tighten the setscrews.
9. Install the motor (Figure 2, Item 2) onto the motor stool (Figure 2, Item 6) and retain with bolts.
10. Install locknut retaining conduit (Figure 3, Item 8) and install conduit.
11. Connect motor leads.
12. Install the coupling pin into the pump shaft (Figure 2, Item 5).
13. Install the coupling halves (Figure 2, Item 4) and secure in place with bolts. Align motor shaft
keyway (Figure 2, Item 4).
14. Tighten the cartridge seal (Figure 3, Item 7) securing setscrews.
15. Install the coupling guard (Figure 2, Item 3) and retain with screws.
16. Operate pump IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10, and monitor for normal operation.
17. Install guard panel.