Figure 8. Aligning the Coupling Keyway.
Replace the Pump Motor
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box or individual circuit breaker should be locked and tagged out by
personnel following this procedure. Remember that the CBL is a wet environment.
Serious injury or death to personnel can result from electrocution if proper safety
precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power at circuit breaker 14, 16, 18 and drain WTS IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-
2. Remove guard panel.
3. Remove screws retaining cover to pump junction box (Figure 9, Item 1) and remove cover.
4. Tag and disconnect motor leads.
5. Remove locknut retaining conduit (Figure 9, Item 8) and remove conduit.
6. Remove the screws retaining the coupling guard (Figure 9, Item 3) and remove the coupling guard.
7. Remove the bolts securing the coupling halves and remove the coupling (Figure 10, Item 4).
8. Remove the bolts retaining the motor (Figure 9, Item 2) to the motor stool (Figure 9, Item 6) and
remove the motor.
9. Install the replacement motor (Figure 9, Item 2) onto the motor stool (Figure 9, Item 6) and retain
10. Install the coupling halves (Figure 10, Item 4) and secure in place with bolts. Align motor shaft
keyway (Figure 10, Item 4).
11. Install the coupling guard (Figure 9, Item 1) and retain with screws.