Test the Door Latched Switch
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
This switch is normally open (NO).
2. Cut the wire ties (Figure 2, Item 1) retaining switch wiring to the washer frame. There may be one or
two wire ties.
3. Open washer door.
4. Remove screws retaining door strike assembly (Figure 2, Item 2) and remove door strike assembly.
5. Tag and disconnect wiring from latched switch (Figure 2, Item 4).
6. Use an ohmmeter to check for 0 resistance when the switch (Figure 2, Item 4) is closed.
7. Use an ohmmeter to check for infinite resistance when the switch (Figure 2, Item 4) is open.
8. Replace a switch (Figure 2, Item 4) that fails either test.
9. Connect wiring to switch (Figure 2, Item 4) as tagged.
10. Install door strike assembly (Figure 2, Item 2) and retain with screws.
11. Retain wiring with wire tie (Figure 2, Item 1).
13. Close washer door, and operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10.