Test the Door Lock Solenoid
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
This switch is normally open (NO).
2. Cut the wire ties (Figure 4, Item 1) retaining switch wiring to the washer frame. There may be one or
two wire ties.
3. Pull down on release (Figure 4, Item 6) and then open washer door.
4. Remove screws retaining door strike assembly (Figure 4, Item 2) and remove door strike assembly.
5. Tag and disconnect wiring from solenoid (Figure 4, Item 7).
Table 1. Resistance Values for the Door Lock Solenoid.
Value in ohms
Black and White
Black and Red
Red and White
7. Replace an open solenoid (Figure 4, Item 7).
8. Connect wiring to solenoid (Figure 4, Item 7) as tagged.
9. Install door strike assembly (Figure 4, Item 2) and retain with screws.
11. Close washer door, and operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10.