Replace the Door Handle Assembly
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
circuit breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
1. Ensure washer has completed its full wash cycle and has drained.
2. Switch washer circuit breaker to OFF.
If door will not open, this indicates a problem with the door lock solenoid.
3. Open washer door.
4. Remove the screws retaining the door handle assembly (Figure 5, Item 8) and remove the door
5. Install the replacement door handle assembly (Figure 5, Item 8) and retain with screws.
6. Close washer door, and operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10.
Figure 5. Replace the Door Handle Assembly.