CONTAINERIZED BATCH LAUNDRY
WASHER BALANCE SWITCH
TEST, ADJUST, REPLACE
Tool Kit, General Mechanics: Automotive (WP
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer 63J
CBL set up
Test the Washer Balance Switch
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
Circuit Breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove the screw retaining the washer right front panel (Figure 1, Item 1), and remove the right
3. Open the control panel.
4. Tag and disconnect wiring from balance switch (Figure 1, Item 2) on the microprocessor board
(Figure 1, Item 3).
5. Ensure that switch trigger spring (Figure 2, Item 4) is not disturbed, and use an ohmmeter to test for
6. Deflect switch trigger spring (Figure 2, Item 4), and use an ohmmeter to test for an open circuit.
7. Replace the balance switch (Figure 1, Item 2) that fails either test.
8. Reconnect wiring to the microprocessor board (Figure 1, Item 3) as tagged.
9. Install the washer right front panel (Figure 2, Item 1) and retain with screw.
10. Close and lock control panel.
11. Connect power and operate IAW procedures given in TM 10-3510-226-10.