Replace the Washer Balance Switch
Ensure that all electrical power is shut off and disconnected before proceeding. The
Circuit Breaker box should be locked by personnel following this procedure. Serious
injury or death can result from electrocution if proper safety precautions are not observed.
The washer is extremely heavy. Use caution when lifting and blocking the washer, and
do not allow unnecessary personnel in the immediate area while it is being moved.
Serious injury or death may result if safety precautions are not observed.
The washer is a large, heavy piece of machinery being moved out of a confined space.
Before removal and installation, remove or protect any equipment that might be damaged
by the washer on its way in or out.
Wiring may be cut and spliced, or may be disconnected at the microprocessor board.
2. Tag and disconnect wiring from balance switch (Figure 5, Item 2).
3. Remove screws retaining balance switch (Figure 5, Item 2), and remove balance switch.
4. Install replacement balance switch (Figure 5, Item 2), and retain with screws.
5. Adjust replacement balance switch (Figure 5, Item 2) IAW procedures described in this WP.
6. Reconnect wiring as tagged.